Spring 2023 Registration
GOTSPORT will be used this season for all registrations.
Odessa Soccer is a volunteer driven organization. All head coaches, assistant coaches and team parents are volunteers. We encourage you to volunteer and be involved in the league with your child. For the Spring 2023 season, games are currently scheduled to begin on March 25, 2023. Most games are scheduled for Saturdays from 9am to 6pm but can be during the week as well. Teams may have some games during the week starting at 6:00pm or 8:00 pm for older teams. **Weather related rescheduling of games may cause games to be scheduled on a Sunday.
TEAM FORMATION AND PLACEMENT
· All teams will be formed by birth year.
· Teams are not co-ed.
· Placement based on current school location. We try our best to place players on teams affiliated with schools near the player, but not all players can be placed close to home. They can only be placed on teams where there are VOLUNTEER coaches in their age group. Want to guarantee practices close to home on a specific night? Then volunteer as HEAD COACH! OSA needs coaches for most age groups.
· NO Team Requests will be honored.
· Practice day, time and location is determined by the Volunteer Coach. So, this information will not be available until your player has actually been placed on a team. Coaches will contact the parents after the coaches meeting in March. Practice can be once or twice a week as determined by the coach and age of the players.
· Parents are always encouraged to include a note in their player's registration. Registration requests will NOT be honored even if the coach has indicated there is an open spot on the team.
· All age group players may buddy request if they are new to the OSA league. This means they have NEVER played with OSA before.
1. Jewelry is NOT allowed. For the safety of all players, all items of jewelry (necklaces, rings, bracelets, earrings) are not allowed and must be removed. Using tape to cover jewelry is not allowed.
2. Ball - Every player should have their own ball.
· U5 thru U8 groups - Size 3
· U9 thru U12 groups - Size 4
· U13 and over groups - Size 5
3. Shin guards: Mandatory and required for all practices and games.
4. Shoes: Gym shoes, tennis shoes, or soccer cleats must be worn by all players. All footwear must be of soft toe and have no metal studs (screw-ins) or any other exposed metal. Any cleats with a TOE cleat are not allowed such as baseball, softball or football cleats.
5. Water Bottle: Players should have a water bottle at all practices and games.
6. Uniforms: For all REC teams, uniforms are chosen by the Coach and will be an ADDED expense for the parents.
Spring 2023 Season Dates:
March 25 to May 20, 2023
Easter Weekend – April 8 – 9, 2023 – NO GAMES!
West Texas Blowout Tournament – April 14 – 16, 2023
Spring 2023 Registration Dates:
November 1 – December 1 – Early Registration
December 2 – January 15, 2023 – Regular Registration
NO LATE REGISTRATION
Please use the following links for all Spring 2023 registrations for players, coaches and managers:
Player Registration https://system.gotsport.com/programs/31R309978?reg_role=player
Coach Registration https://system.gotsport.com/programs/5096912H8?reg_role=coach
Manager Registration https://system.gotsport.com/programs/5096912H8?reg_role=manager
Sherwood Field Map
Comanche Trails Field Map